Friday, March 1, 2013

Company Leadership Competencies

This week in my Blended Learning Series class, we learned about the Company Leadership Competencies that are maintained within the Disney Company and is expected of everyone that seeks to make a lifelong career at Disney.
 The top 8 competency levels that Disney instills in its cast members are
  1. Thinks Strategically (develops a game plan for success)
  2. Builds Relationships (Cultivates relationships to advance business goals)
  3. Communicates Effectively (Inspires, influences and informs others)
  4. Drives Results (Delivers timely, high quality work that adds value)
  5. Inspires Creativity and Innovation (Generates breakthrough ideas to improve performance)
  6. Champions Change (Advances new initiatives that align with business strategy)
  7. Builds Teams (Aligns people to a shared purpose)
  8. Exhibits Professional Excellence (Acts as a role model for others)
 This past week I had a "check-in" with one of the managers that was assigned to me to make sure that I was liking my position within the company. She asked about what my aspirations were for movement within the company and how would I like for her to help me get to where I want to be in the future.

I've been learning more and more that this company prides itself on creating and promoting cast members that actually want to move up within the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment